Learn the Art of Bonsai
California Bonsai Studio4015 N. Moorpark Rd. Thousand Oaks, Ca 91360
1. Bonsai class every 2nd Saturday of the month from 9:30am – 12:30pm
by Travis Goldstein - $10
Bring in your bonsai (up to 3 trees) and receive critique and advice specific to your bonsai. Students are welcome to work on their trees during class hours either before or after receiving critique.
Advice may include:
- Insight to the health of your tree.
- Proper placement; more or less sun.
- Proper watering; More or less water and proper watering technique.
- Learn the next step to be taken in the development of your bonsai.
- Possible style or design changes.
- Proper fertilizing for your tree.
- Pot selection specific to your bonsai.
- Etc. Each tree is different, advice and critique will be specific to the tree in focus.
2. Bonsai study group every 3rd Sunday from 12:30pm – 4:30pm
by Shig Hayashi - $Free
Shig Hayashi is the moderator of this topic specific workshop. Participants are welcome to take as much or as little participation as they desire.
- Observe a short presentation on the topic of the month.
- Share knowledge and learn from others on any topic.
- Work on your bonsai in a friendly, peaceful setting.
- Watch as others work on their bonsai trees.
- No pressure – Participants are encouraged to share opinions and advice with the knowledge that the owner is the one to ultimately decide the future of their own tree.